These content standards apply to any and all content or material which you contribute to our App (Contribution).
These content standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches these content standards.
A Contribution must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
- comply with the laws and regulations applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted including those relating to advertising (please see https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/recognising-ads-social-media.html, for more information on posting this type of material)
A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- include child sexual abuse material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal content or activity;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, or alarm any other person;
- impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us;
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse; or
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Breach of these content standards
You warrant that any Contribution you make shall comply with these content standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
When we consider that a breach of these content standards has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with these content standards constitutes a material breach of the terms upon which we provide you with access to the App, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our App;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our App;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.